What to do before Uncle Marvin and Aunt Georgia come to visit? Oh, they did mention the kids coming over, as well, right?
Is your home looking like a World War II barricade? Well, there are a few tips to help you tidy up faster without missing some crucial steps in your preparation.
- Make sure all appliances work properly, because you will most probably need them.
- Fix any plumbing problems. Nothing makes a worse appearance than a dripping faucet or water leaks from bathroom walls. It is important to maintain your home plumbing well in order to keep your place in a good and healthy condition longer.
- Tidy up and clean thoroughly. It is good that any cleaning would be done following the house repairs, if any, so that you do not have to do it twice.
- Create a highlight of the evening. Think of something that can be the light motive of the visit, like, making BBQ in the open, or having interesting dinner ideas /including Italian/ French/ Russian/ Spanish etc. meals in the menu/. It is always a good sign when people memorize the evening for something interesting, and you can choose this thing in advance, leaving a good impression.
- Make your guests feel comfortable. Don’t fret over having so much old furniture or having such a small apartment. Your guests are not going to pay too much attention to those unless you make a big deal out of them. There is something that they will surely notice, though, and this is a clean set of sheets over the guest bed, a spare closet for their clothes, free hangers for their coats, etc. It is always a plus if you can think of something to keep the kids’ attention, like, an interesting game, or a movie, or providing a safe place for them to play during the visit. Also, try to ensure your guests some privacy, like making sure the guest room and bathroom doors closes properly.
- Have fun. After all, the main point of having someone over is to catch up and have a good time. If you are having a good time, your guests will most probably feel that and have fun, as well.